All Rights Reserved.
Some of you may remember this little meme from a few years back on facebook -- thought I'd share my "20 Things About Me" here on my blog;
1) I was born in Lexington, Kentucky on October 27th, 1982 and I've lived here all my life. Maybe someday I'll escape ;)
2) I love, love being outside - whether it's lying in my hammock, walking on the beach or taking a hike at Natural Bridge, I always feel best when I'm out in the fresh air!
3) I'm a firm believer that there's no day that can't be made better with a nap!
4) I have suffered from classic migraines (aka; migraines with aura) since I was 12-years-old. I hate them. I love Topamax.
5) I'm addicted to Mountain Dew and Graeter's Bourbon Ball ice cream - both are amazing.
6) I make a mean lasagna.
7) I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, and I don't feel the need to ever try.
8) I still love the Backstreet Boys and New Kids... in fact I just saw them in concert when they toured together, and I loved it :)
9) I am terrified of heights.
10) I absolutely must take at least one shower per day, usually two.
11) I was diagnosed with Stage I Malignant Melanoma in March 2011 and have since had 7 surgeries... hopefully that's it!
12) I love reading!
13) If I weren't a teacher I think I would want to be a photographer.
14) I absolutely hated country music until I started college... at which point I started listening to country music and now, it's about all I listen to.
15) I have never been drunk in my life.
16) I am a huge fan of the Kentucky Wildcats.
17) My favorite season is spring because it reminds me that life begins again every single year.
18) I have never traveled outside of the US, nor have I gone west of Illinois... I can't wait to take a trip across the country.
19) I love shows like Ghost Hunters, Paranormal State and A Haunting... but I absolutely cannot watch the movie 6th Sense. It terrifies me.
20) I've been blessed to hold a newborn baby in the very beginning of his life... and blessed to hold the hand of a dying loved one at the very end of hers. And though both expriences made me cry - one tears of joy, the other of sorrow - I wouldn't have traded either one for the world. Because those are the experiences that make you realize how wonderful life really is... and how fleeting. And how much we should cherish every moment because every moment is something special.