Monday, May 30, 2011

365 Days Take Two! -- Day Thirty-Three..

On this memorial day I would like to take the time to remember all of those who have lost their lives fighting for their country.  I would also like to thank those who continue to fight...

Copyright 2010.  Arlington National Cemetary.
All Rights Reserved.

I never thought that this is where I'd settle down.
I thought I'd die an old man back in my home town.
They gave me this plot of land,
me and some other men,
for a job well done.

There's a big white house,
sits on a hill just up the road.
The man inside, he cried the day they brought me home.
They folded up a flag, and told my mom and dad,
"We're proud of your son."

And I'm proud to be on this peaceful piece of property,
I'm on sacred ground and I'm in the best of company.
I'm thankful for those thankful for the things I've done.

I can rest in peace,
I'm one of the chosen ones...

I made it to Arlington

-- Trace Adkins --
If you would like to watch the beautiful video of this song,
click below.
Trace Adkins - Arlington

No comments: