Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day Thirty-Nine -- Prayer of St. Francis

Copyright 2010.  The St. Francis statue in my backyard... my favorite...

*Make me a channel of your peace,
where there is hatred let me bring your love.
Where there is injury, your pardon Lord,
and where there's doubt, true faith in you.

Make me a channel of your peace,
when there's despair in life, let me bring hope.
When there is darkness, ever light,
and when there's sadness, ever joy.

Oh Master grant that I may never seek,
so much to be consoled as to console,
to be understood, as to understand,
and to be loved as to love with all my soul.

Make me a channel of your peace,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
in giving to all men that we receive,
and in dying that we're born to eternal life.*

-- Song of 
The Prayer of St. Francis --

No comments: